Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Kim Not Feuding With Sandara

Kim Chiu @ Proud To Be Pinoy – Everything Pinoy in this blog.PBB Teen Edition winner Kim Chiu couldn’t believe it when thousands greeted her in her homecoming to her native Cebu City.

“Nagulat ako sa reception ng mga kababayan ko as it was raining then but they were still there to meet me,” she says. “Talagang sobrang dami ng tao and I even had to tell them: ‘Umuwi na kayo so you wouldn’t get wet.’ But it made me feel so proud to be a Cebuano.”

Joining the PBB has changed her life so much.

“From being a nobody, biglang pati relatives ko who put me down, naging mabait sa akin. Even people who ignored me then, friends ko na ngayon.”

Is it true she’s feuding with Sandara Park?

“No. Pero nu’ng magkasama kami, I noticed naiilang siya sa akin. Ni ayaw niyang tumingin sa akin when I was smiling at her. Sabi nila, baka she feels na threat ako sa kanya. But how can I be a threat, e, ang layo na ng agwat niya sa akin, ‘di ba? I’m just starting.”

She and PBB runner-up Gerald Anderson are paired in the first episode of ABS-CBN 2’s new Sunday afternoon show Love Spell. They’ll be featured for four Sundays in the romance-fantasy My Boy, My Girl.

“I play a very difficult role as a girl named Stephanie, who turns into a boy named Stephen. It’s because Gerald curses me after he finds out I’m just using him as a trophy boyfriend para maging in ako sa school namin. It’s really a big challenge dahil unang sabak ko pa lang sa acting, very complex agad ang role. They even had to put a wig on me and prosthetic makeup para mayroon akong Adam’s apple and bigger arms at nang magmukha akong totoong lalaki. Iniipit din ang dibdib ko to make my chest look flat.”
The show is directed by Jerry Sineneng, who’s very excited about the new loveteam.

“When I look at Kim and Gerald, the chemistry is so great parang ‘yung kina Jolina [Magdangal] at Marvin [Agustin] nu’ng araw. Naging fan nga nila ako agad at kinikilig ako sa romantic scenes nila. Maging sa Bench fashion show at Araneta, grabe ang reception sa kanila ng audience. Ang lakas talaga ng sigawan when they appeared.”

Kim now rents a condo unit in Cubao, Quezon City, and her dad stays with her.

“I’m really thankful na sinasamahan ako ng dad ko sa Manila. My eldest sister is requesting her company to move her to their office here para siya na ang makasama ko rito.”

What happened to the condo unit she won in PBBTE?

“It has not been released to me yet. Pero ang layo pala nu’n, sa Valenzuela, so I want to request sana if they can get me a unit nearer sa ABS.”

What’s the news about her mom whom she has not seen for seven years?

“She finally called me up at ilang beses na ka-ming nag-usap sa phone. Pero ayaw pa niyang magpakita sa akin. Marami pa raw siyang dapat ayusin sa buhay niya. But I’m glad may communication na kami uli.”

No comments: