Thursday, June 15, 2006

Too Early To Court Her

GERALD Anderson, PBB Teen Edition 3rd placer, was born in Olongapo.

“My mom owned a parlor then and my dad, a US Navy man, had a haircut there and they met,” he says. “I was three years old when we went to live in San Antonio, Texas. At 6, we moved to Missouri, where my grandma and aunt live. That’s where we stayed until I was 14, then my parents decided to return to my mom’s home in General Santos City. I had a hard time adjusting here because of the weather, as we came from a very cold place. Also, I had difficulty with the language.”

He has a younger brother and two half-sisters from his mom’s first marriage.

Is he familiar with local showbiz?

“Yes, I watch TV and even the movies, like Close To You with Sam Milby.”

After three years, he speaks both Tagalog and Bisaya like a native. He has had three girlfriends in GenSan.

“But the relationships didn’t last long. ‘Yung dalawa, one month each lang. The other one, two months. I’m not ready yet for a serious commitment.”

He is being paired with grand winner Kim Chiu. At the PBB Reunion in the Aliw Theater, the fans applauded heartily when they sang together. It’s now in their hands if they’re willing to play along and become a love-team.

“I don’t really mind. Look at Kim, she’s very beautiful. It’s great to be paired with her and I’m glad the public likes us. But it’s too early to court her seriously. Let’s get to know each other better first.”

How did he feel when people started calling his name in adulation?

“It’s a new feeling for me. Kinda weird as I’m not used to fame and hearing people shouting my name.”

What’s his most memorable experience in PBB?

“First was when we dressed up as clowns to entertain children with cancer. It’s very touching. Then my experience in Hundred Islands, where I made a violation because of a stone and was sent back to Manila. I really regretted having done it.”

No comments: